Tuesday 26 May 2009

THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME

Blue tit chicks are refusing to move out

Many people say 'there's no place like home', and that's exactly what the blue tit chicks must be thinking.

I'm expecting them to fledge any day now, but with a wet and windy day tomorrow I suspect it'll be Thursday at the earliest when then experience the world outside the nestbox.

I've discovered tonight, big thanks to Neil, I have a programme to edit video clips. I've spent some time brushing up my old editorial skills and should have some great footage for you from tomorrow.

The chicks are sounding bigger and bigger each day and I hope they hold on until at least Saturday before fledging.

I'll be putting a fuller report tomorrow evening when I hope the video footage will give a good showing of the wildlife around my garden.

Including in the footage wild be, blue tits, blackbirds, tufted ducks and swallows.

I'll leave you today with footage of one of the local male blackbirds singing away the evening.



No comments:

Post a Comment