Wednesday 27 May 2009

QUIET EVENING

Have the chicks fledged?

Not very much action tonight from the blue tit nestbox, leaving me to consider the fact I have missed the chicks fledging.

If I have I can rest assured I have helped provide a safe nest site and regular food handouts for my second blue tit family in two years.

I hope the parents or maybe a youngster and his/her new partner will return next year and occupy my new camera nestbox (yet to be purchased).

Of a late spring evening it's a joy to watch the swallows swoop, glide and perform unbelievable high speed twists and turns, all while catching insects.

I'm hoping the female(s) is/are on eggs as there did seem to be less birds around this evening. That could be put down to the rainy weather.

The video below is of a lone swallow from the weekend when the weather was a little better. A very graceful bird and probably my favourite.

No comments:

Post a Comment