Tuesday 12 May 2009

DINNER IS SERVED

Mealworms before bedtime

To help the blue tit parents give their chicks a decent evening meal I supplied a few mealworms.


Ok I had another motive in that I wanted to teach the parents I wasn't a threat and indeed it was me providing the meals. I hoped this would give me the opportunities to take some close pictures.

As you should be able to see from the images in this entry I succeeded to a certain extent.

Within seconds of me putting the mealworms in feeding stations in my garden the blue tit parents, along with a pair of great tits, a robin and a pair of dunnocks, tucked in to the feast.

I didn't see them once eat a mealworm for themselves, but I hope a few extra ones will help keep them healthy during this exhaustive time.

I'm not hearing the chicks yet but I hope to have some audio evidence by the weekend.

Anyway enjoy the images and I'll be back with more updates tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment