Thursday 10 November 2011

SOME BIRDS ARE BACK

So the fat snacks have been out for over a week and the birds are starting to show interest.

A few blue tits, great tits and the odd robin have been feeding on the snacks, but the numbers of tree sparrows, dunnocks are higher.

I've seen about four to six tree sparrows on each visit, whereas the dunnocks come in similar numbers.

The house sparrows are also making the odd appearance, but I'm still waiting for the long tailed tits to come and take advantage of the snacks I've put out for them.

As autumn struggles to force cold weather on the UK, the birds appear to be content to continue feeding in the fields, hedgerows and woodlands around the house.

With further warm(ish) weather forecast for this weekend and early next week, I suspect I won't see an increase in the birds visiting my garden for a while.

It's good news for the birds and my family, but we all know the cold weather will come along and it's good for the birds to know there's a place to find food when necessary.

Finally the nestbox camera has been cleaned and adjusted. Now it's a case of waiting to see who comes along to make use of the nestbox for winter roosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment