Sunday 20 November 2011

HAS FROSTY THE SNOWMAN FORGETTEN IT'S NOVEMBER?

The bird feeders have once again been filled up but they weren't even empty which is unusual for mid November.

The garden is still being visited by the usual characters of blue tits, great tits, tree sparrows, dunnocks, blackbirds and robins.

My weekly highlight was holding my daughter and watching her eyes light up and practically try to jump out of my arms with excitement as she watched a robin eat a worm from about two foot away.

She then waved as the bird flew off to digest the worm.

The lawn is covered with worm casts which I hope means the soil is getting a good working over by the worms and is going to provided us with a nice green, grassy lawn.

Although I'm looking forward to welcoming winter in the garden I'm enjoying the mild weather and hoping it helps make next year a great breeding season for all wildlife.

Will my next blog have a frosty glint? Tune in to find.

No comments:

Post a Comment