Sunday 13 November 2011

A HELPING HAND

I had some assistance today from my 16-month old daughter today when filling up the feeders. She didn't seem to understand exactly what was happening, but I waited with her to show her the birds when they started feeding - it took about 30 seconds!

Once the birds saw what was happening they appeared from nowhere and it shows they must be around waiting for the feeders to be refilled before descending to make the most of the free handout.

My daughter (Poppy) has even started to make 'tweet tweet' noises to copy her dad imitating the birds.

With the warmish weather continuing the variety if species visiting the garden isn't huge. Robins, great tits, blue tits, dunnocks and tree sparrows, but I'm left waiting to see the likes of chaffinches, long tailed tits and goldfinches. Even the blackbirds are proving scarce.

As November tumbles towards December I'm not alone in wondering when the cold weather will arrived and when is does, will it bring much of the white stuff?

I'm sure it won't be long for everyone to find out.

I'll be keeping an eye on the visitors to the garden and update when new visitors come and say hello.

No comments:

Post a Comment