Monday 5 April 2010

PONDLIFE

A major development has occurred in the pond today, a huge gathering of frogspawn.

I can't say the frogs have found the pond as I nicked it from Sarah's parents' pond earlier today. You could say I've 'adopted' some frogspawn.

It'll be a few days before I know if it's been successful, but I'll keep the blog updated with any news.

As we've been away since Sunday I'm not aware of any news on the blue tits and great tits bartering over the nestboxes.

I should be able to see more of the favourite nestbox tomorrow and hopefully confirm the spring residents.

The garden appears to be waking from the enforced winter hibernation with many bulbs and plants from last year coming back to life. Hopefully we'll have a colourful display in April and May.

Finally the greengage tree is now in full blossom with numerous bees at work collecting nectar.

I'm now going to eat my Easter eggs and hope the birds have some eggs of their own soon.

More updates later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment