Sunday 12 June 2011

IT'S RAINING ON MY PARADE

So this is 'flaming June'? I think not!

A day of constant rain has left the few garden visitors looking more bedraggled by the minute.

I'm sure the worms are not the only ones loving this weather. The reservoirs that needed a little drink along with rivers and farmers must be pleased.

This afternoon I watched a chiffchaff taking aphids from my blooming rose hedge, hoping he would stay around to eat all of them, but he stayed only for a few minutes.

A robin and blackbird then took advantage of the wet conditions bringing out all sizes of worms, although they took a soaking in the first place.

The next two days forecast warmer and drier weather and I'm hoping the plants, vegetables and fruit in my garden will benefit from today's soaking and have a growth surge this week.

Not much opportunity to see the swallows today, but I think the youngsters are near to fledging.

More updates later this week when I'm able to get out a bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment